Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Children's Lit and the summer reading program

“No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally worth reading at the age of fifty.” From CS Lewis. I like this quote and the last time I saw it was at simplemom.net.
I enjoy reading almost all of Maya's books and if I don't enjoy the book I usually 'hide' it or get rid of it.

I recently signed Maya up for the summer reading program at our library. My goal is to read 100 new books this summer to her. I love the library, seriously in the last year if I tried to buy all of the books we have read I would have spent over a thousand dollars. We already have a great start, here are a few of our favs from the library right now:
In a Blue Room
Betsy B. Little
How I Became a Pirate
Rattletrap Car

Recently I discovered simplekids.net and I found a great list of books recommended by other Moms, check it out here. I hope you have a great summer reading with your little one!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

"How I became a pirate" is one of our favorites too!! You should check out the follow up..."Pirates don't change diapers" if you haven't already!!
Is it wrong to spend $1000 on kids books? I bet I have come close! eek!!
I just got 8 new books today at a garage sale! ;) Only spent 6.25 on those though!